Those who live here in Florida know that the weather is extremely hot. A functioning AC unit is on most people’s list all year round. What happens when the AC unit breaks down? Repairing an AC unit could be expensive, depending on the model of the unit. Sometimes it costs less to buy a new one.
However, Michael cannot afford to replace both is models. He wants to see how much an AC repair Mansfield job will cost on each one. That is why he has asked a professional to come over and help him.
Details On Michael’s Situation?
Michael needs to determine the cause of the unit breaking down before he can think about resolving the situation.
Michael needs to know the details of the problems before he can consider choosing an option.
1) How old are Michael’s two units? Were they installed ten years ago or more before Michael moved in? Michael finds out that both his units were last replaced fifteen years ago. It might be working right now, but that could change. That is why Michael is seeking professional help on this.
Michael knows a guy in the neighborhood who has agreed to come to take a look. Michael trusts him. Michael knows he will lead him in the right direction.
The first problem Michael is facing is that his two AC units are costing him a lot of money to keep going. He may be saving a lot by not upgrading, but the costs to keep repairing it will be exponential.
Michael may be better off throwing in the towel and getting a new one.
The Cause and Symptoms
It is time to look at the symptoms Michael’s unit could be experiencing.
1) Michael could be experiencing a slow progression of air flow. The air may have come much faster, in the beginning, but now it is starting to slow down. Michael begins to notice that it trips a bit before the air launches out. This is a symptom of the ac unit not performing well. It is also something that the professional Michael hired notices when he comes to look at it.
2) Michael has two units: The bedroom and the rest of the house. That is all he can base his judgments on. However, Michael can get a strong indication of the current air flow by turning it on.
Michael notices the air does not flow as cold as it used to. He notices the air flow is more tepid than cold. That is a strong indication that something is wrong with his unit.
3) Michael should take a look at his compressor. The air compressor is usually located on the outside, close to the window that holds the unit. Michael tells the professional he hears a sound.
Once more, this is another indication that something is wrong with his unit.
4) The professional asks Michael to do one last thing and check the control panel. The panel is showing signs that something is wrong, though the air is still filtering out.
The professional advises Michael to repair this one or replace it now. He suggests that his current unit may not last the next year. Michael opts to repair because he cannot afford to replace both.
What Are the Costs To Repair?
1) Minor problems will cost between $100-600.
2) Major problems could run between $600-2,00 or higher.